Valcon Employee skiing trip
25 till 28 January 2024
Registration is closed. You can sign up on the waiting list. You will be notified by Valcon if space is available.
Hotel Kohlerhof Fügen (AU)
At the 4-star Hotel Kohlerhof in the Ziller Valley, genuine Tyrolean hospitality and pure joie de vivre await you. Our team is always there for you and takes care of your well-being with heart and soul with the tried and tested Zillertal Schmäh.
At the Kohlerhof in Fügen, skiing pleasure starts right at the door. The valley station of the new modern Spieljochbahn cable car is right next to the hotel and you can return there via the valley run.
What would a winter holiday in the Zillertal be without après-ski? Then something would be missing, which is why skiers in Fügen meet in the cosy Pizz Pub (part of the hotel) to round off a successful day on the slopes. Apres Ski can also be found in the immediate vicinity at the Spieljochbahn/hotel.
- Late breakfast until 11:00. Our breakfast chefs will spoil you with egg specialities, omelettes, sausages and other delicacies.
- Afternoon buffet from 15:00 - 17:00. Homemade pastries, hot and cold snacks and much more. (drinks not included).
- 4-course set menu - various antipasti specialities from the buffet, salad buffet, cheese corner.
- Wellness oasis (access from 16 years!):Swiss stone pine sauna, Finnish sauna, hay bath, infrared cabin, ozone sauna, breaker bath, brine steam bath, gemstone steam bath, unique rock grotto, various relaxation areas, heated benches, outdoor relaxation area with stunning views of the Zillertal mountains, heated outdoor thermal pool with waterfall, Kneipp hiking trail.
- Indoor adventure pool: whirlpool, jet stream, bubble chairs, waterfall, tropical loungers.
- Beauty room (for a fee): wellness treatments, massage, hot stone therapy, manicure, pedicure, laser treatments, and much more.
Skidepot: available at the hotel
Roomkey: The hotel provides a keycard per person
Parking space: in the direct surroundings of the hotel
The hotel has double, triple and 4-person rooms. Prior to departure, you will receive more information about who you will be sharing a room with. if you have a requests regarding room sharing, please indicate this in the application form (no guaranties).
We cooperate with the ski rental near the hotel. You specify during the booking process which materials you want to rent.
You collect your equipment on site and pay accordingly. This way, small changes can be taken into account immediately (such as deviations in the period / materials).
Via Valcon, you rent with 30% discounts.
Zillertal Super Ski Pass
With one ski pass, you can carve on 508 kilometres of perfectly prepared slopes during your winter holidays in the Zillertal. This card is valid for all 179 lifts and gondolas of all Zillertaler Bergbahnen. So you can choose where you want to ski or snowboard, on the Spieljoch, in the Hochzillertal - Hochfügen ski area, in the Zillertal Arena, at the Mayrhofner Bergbahnen or in the Zillertal 3000 Ski & Glacier World.
You can buy your ski-pas at Alpin, near to the hotel where you also rent your skiing gear.
The Hochzillertal - Hochfügen - Spieljoch ski area consists of two parts.
From the village of Kaltenbach, it is possible to access the larger part of the ski area (Hochfugen and Hochzillertal). The slopes in this area are suitable for every level. Therefore, you will encounter many families with children here during the school holidays. Most slopes are above the magic limit of 1,500 m, making it a snow-assured area.
The ski area of Fügen (Spieljoch) is small but fine at 17 km. But with 11 km of red runs, this is not an easy ski area. Still, due to its small scale and long, blue runs, we definitely recommend this area for families.
Ski bus / transportation
The ski bus stops right outside the door of hotel Kohlerhof and takes you to Hochfugen / Kaltenbach, from where you can access the Hochfugen and Hochzillertal ski areas.
With your ski pass, you can go in many more directions. You can also use the train (Zillertalbahn) which passes by Fügen. For example, you can travel quickly and directly to Mayrhofen!
Ski-/or snowboard lessons
New to skiing? Don't sweat, you can get lessons on location. Please enroll in the application form. Costs will be shared among the participants after enrollment.
Valcon has made a generous contribution towards the trip. However, as it is not an official company event, there is an additional contribution per employee:
€ 200 - Hotel contribution
Colleagues are expected to travel to Austria by lease car (gasoline costs for lease cars can be refunded via intranet “My UKK”). It is important that we carpool as much as possible as not everyone has a lease car and to prevent unnecessary costs. We’ll make sharing a ride easier, by introducing a carpool app a couple of weeks before departure.
- 3 nights stay in the hotel in a 2/3/4 persons shared room with en suite bathroom
- Breakfast & dinner & afternoon snack - We will have breakfast and dinner together in the hotel. Other meals will be at your own expense. Dinner is included from January 25th onwards. Last breakfast in on the departure day January 28th.
Afternoon snack from 3 to 5 pm on our hotel terrace from day 2.
In case of cancelation, please email [email protected]. Please remember that costs that have been made, cannot be repaid
- Lunch & drinks
- Ski pass - The ski pass is at your own expense. Collection and payment is on site at Alpin, near the hotel.
- Ski/snowboard gear - you can enroll through the application form. This is at your own expense to be paid at the store. You will receive a 35% Valcon discount.
- Ski-/or snowboard lessons - New to skiing? Don't sweat, you can get lessons on location. Please enroll in the application form. Costs will be shared among the participants after enrollment.
- Insurance - Skiing and snowboarding can be dangerous. Therefore, we strongly recommend everyone to be insured for the duration of the trip. Please note: winter sports are not covered in every insurance package, check this before departure.